Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Creamy Tropical Fruit Smoothie





With Spring in full force (although with fairness last week felt like Summer!) I have been enjoying a lot more smoothies, especially since I have recently re-joined the gym. It's a great way to start my day or to give me an energy boost mid afternoon before or after working out. Even better my son loves it and not that I need any help getting him to eat fruit, if you have a fussy fruit eater in your family I am sure they will love this.

Makes 2 glasses (easily doubled)

1 cup of frozen mango cubes
1 full (slightly overflowing!) cup of strawberries, hulled
¼ pineapple, peeled
1 pot of yogurt (100g approx)*
Splash of milk (optional)

Put the mango cubes into a blender and leave to soften slightly while you cup up the other fruit, then add the strawberries and pineapple to the blender along with the yogurt. I tend to half fill my pot of yogurt with the milk and swish it around a bit to get the last of the yogurt before adding it to the blender. Blitz until smooth then serve while thick and creamy and icy cold.

Note:

If you don't have frozen mango cubes add a few ice cubes to the blended when you blitz it to make it nice and frosty cold.

Variation:

If you don't like/ have allergies to Mango or simply can't get any you can replace it with 1 large banana instead, just don't forget the ice!



7 comments:

  1. Yum Lynz, looks so refreshing and good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man these looks so delish! What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly need some sort of energy boost in the mornings- been way too sluggish lately! This smoothie sounds pretty much perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! I can't enough of them - such a great way to start the day and if you are looking for something even healthier I often add a tablespoon of Chia seeds to the smoothie right at the end, blitz again quickly and drink! Delicious and healthy and it disappears quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *I can't DRINK enough of them!! Sorry :)

      Delete
  5. This drink seriously looks incredible!

    Bringing love of vintage fashion, diy trinkets, and recipes to the masses!
    www.cheersandcosmos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...