Monday, May 19, 2014

Meal Planning Mondays May 19th ~ May 25th


Well this is going to be a quick post as today is a holiday in Canada and so we are hoping the clouds are going to disappear so that we can head out on the boat for a while!

As I usually do I came out with our meal plan yesterday and have now just found out that apparently it's National Vegetarian Week. I'm not going to change anything but I am quite pleased with myself that by coincidence 4 meals are Vegetarian! Tonight's dinner is a fairly light and simple Grilled Halloumi which we will cook on the BBQ. It's also very quick and easy and I love the squeaky, saltiness of the Halloumi so although it is still very early here I am already craving it! With Scott away on Tuesday Ben chose Tomato Pasta for dinner with the clear rules that he would really like tubes (penne) and tomato sauce as that is his favourite! I can't imagine where he got that from but let's just say I'm delighted! With all of the warmer weather we have been having I have been craving Thai flavours so I think the next book I am going to review is Bill's Everyday Asian by Bill Granger. There are so many recipes that I want to try but for a child friendly non-spicy start I chose the Hoisin Chicken as it looks finger-licking good! I also have all of the ingredients for it so it's a perfect choice. Thursday and it's swimming so I want something quick and easy and while shopping yesterday I saw that Naan bread was on offer so of course I grabbed a few packets. Since I love Naan bread and I love pizza this is the perfect quick and easy dinner once we are home. I also have some mushrooms in the fridge needing used so I'll quickly saute some of those with some garlic and thyme and we'll have delicious Individual Mushroom Pizzas in no time. Friday and it's back to those Thai flavours I am craving with my Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles which also just happens to be vegetarian. It's a quick and easy meal, packed with so many flavours and in my opinion it's much better than take away, not to mention cheaper! It's also a great way to get the weekend started. I'm really excited that we have Cook Club on Saturday - I love it so much and it can never come around fast enough. I wonder what the theme will be this month but don't worry I'll update it on our Cook Club Menus page as soon as I can after! As usual Sunday is still TBD as I have no idea at this point what our plans are but that's what weekends are all about.

So there you have it - another week and another menu. I'm off now to enjoy the Monday holiday. If it's a holiday for you, enjoy and to everyone else I hope you all have a great week with great food, family and friends x

 Monday May 19th - Sunday 25th 

                                  Monday  -       Grilled Halloumi with Oregano & Chilli, Salad & French Bread
                                  Tuesday -       Tomato Pasta with Salad (Ben's choice)
                                  Wednesday -  Hoisin Chicken with Celery Salad (Bill Granger recipe)
                                  Thursday -      Naan Bread Pizza 
                                  Friday -          Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles
                                  Saturday -      Cook Club
                                  Sunday -        BBQ'd Pork Chops with Coleslaw & Potato Wedges
  
As always don't forget you can add links to your Weekly Meal Plans in the comments section below.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...